Ingredients & Serving Sizes
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 12 ounces Pistachios (in shell)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 3 3/4 cups Milk
- 16 ounces Pistachios (in shell)
- 1 3/4 cups Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Almond Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Whipping Cream
- 5 cups Milk
- 20 ounces Pistachios (in shell)
- 2 3/4 cups Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Almond Extract
- 4 Eggs
- 3 cups Half and Half
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 5 cups Whipping Cream
- Boil 6 to 8 cups of water.
- Shell pistachios (a few whole nuts can be kept aside to top the ice cream), place in heatproof bowl and carefully cover with boiling water.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove nuts in small batches and remove the hulls from the nuts.
- Place raw nuts into a food processor or blender with eggs, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup milk (2 quarts), 3/4 cup sugar and 3/4 cup milk (4 quarts) or 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk (6 quarts).
- Puree or blend until mixture is smooth.
- Scald remaining milk until bubbles form around edge.
- Reduce heat.
- Add remaining sugar.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Stir in half and half, vanilla, whipping cream and almond extract.
- Add nut mixture and continue to stir over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Freeze as directed in your White Mountain® Ice Cream Maker manual.